Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, February 03, 2006

Doctor Visit Report

This morning I had to take the glucose test which consisted of me drinking a sweet carbonated orange drink. After giving a blood sample, 1 hour after drinking the "glucola", Dr. Ogryzlo gave me the bad news that I didn't pass the test. This means I have to do another test Monday morning where I have to drink a stronger version of the "glucola" and give 3 blood samples over a 3 hour period. Sounds like a fun Monday morning to me! If I don't pass the second test, I will be diagnosed as having gestational diabetes. I will then need to monitor my blood sugar and be put on a special "diet". Everything else is fine. I gained 2 more pounds, my belly is now 26 1/2 centimeters, and the baby's heart rate was strong. We now have trasitioned from monthy appointments to every 2 week appointments. Begin the countdown! :)

1 comment:

The Skogen Family said...

Only a few more months!! Its gone by so quickly (easily said for a person not pregnant).

Best wishes that you pass the test of Monday. You have been so dedicated to your health, even if you don't pass I know you will do well monitoring the GD. :-)