Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Bedding and Lighting and Painting....OH MY!

This last weekend was not only full of Christmas events, we also achieved some milestones in starting on the nursery. On Friday, my mom and I ventured out into the holiday traffic in search for fabric so she can start making the dust ruffle, quilt, and valences for the nursery. Luckily we were able to find everything. Below is a sample of the main fabric. There will be a cream border along with a complimentary trim on all three items.



On Saturday, Damien ventured into the attic and with Vern's assistance and a trip to Home Depot, they were able to wire the room for a ceiling light fixture. (Sunday we rested) On Monday, Damien and I went to Home Depot (again) and found a light fixture we both liked. It has white alabaster style glass, is held by 3 silver looking prongs, and is mounted close to the ceiling. It is very simple and unobtrusive.

Today, Tuesday, Damien started preping the room for painting by removing the current bed, dresser, and filling in some holes and cracks with spackle. Then we went shopping for the baby furniture. I think we found something we both like, but I may have to sleep on it for a night. We also went to Home Depot (yes, again!) to get some painting supplies and I found out I can order an "L" shape curtain rod for the windows in the corner of the room. Below are some "before" pictures of the room taken today. (The room was painted that color before we purchased the house)



I also made the rest of our appointments with Dr. Ogryzlo and signed up for our parent education classes. The classes we are going to take are: childbirth preparation, basics of baby care, and learning to breastfeed. I feel time is going to fly by these last four months and our little one will soon be here! Damien and I are both getting excited and it has been fun planning the nursery.

No comments: