Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, June 02, 2006

Making Varenyky (aka Pyrohy)

Today PraBaba Maria, Baba Anna, and Damien took on the labor intensive task of making Varenyky. There are many steps in making these potato dumplings and Damien took diligent notes. No one makes pyrohy like PraBaba Maria and I'm sure when we attempt our first batch, they will probably fall apart. Luckily we now have a "stash" of PraBaba Maria's varenyky in the freezer.

While Damien was busy in the kitchen (a rare event) Runcle Roo, Dido
Ostap, Isabelle and I went wine tasting at Rex Hill and Ponzi. Roo had tasted Rex Hill wine back in Philadelphia and didn't believe us when we told him it was about 10 minutes from our house. It had been years since I've visited both Rex Hill and Ponzi and they both have really nice tasting rooms now. Hopefully next time Roo visits we can take him on a more extensive tour of the area.


Getting instructions


Making the dough


Watching the "Master"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I were there to learn from the master. Pizza is small stuff compared to pirogies.