Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Race for the Cure

Isabelle, my mom, and I joined the Qualcomm PDC Race for the Cure team to participate in the 5k walk. This is our first year in participating in the race. Now that I have a daughter, I feel if there is one thing I can give back to her that is to help find a cure for breast cancer. I decided to take on the challenge of fundraising for the Susan G. Komen Foundation. I exceeded my original goal of raising $225.00 and have now met my latest goal of $400.00. The response has been overwhelming and I want to thank everyone who has donated on my behalf. In doing so, you are giving Isabelle and other women a brighter future. This is a wonderful foundation. Even though I have met my latest fundraising goal, there is still time to pledge your support. If you would like to make a donation, you can do so from my race website by clicking on the Race for the Cure link. Your donation will help in breast cancer research, education, screening, and treatment programs. Again, a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has pledged their support. Please cheer for us as we Race for the Cure on September 17th.

No comments: