Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Emergency trip to the doctor's office


Today after Isabelle's morning nap, Damien and I were changing Isabelle into her clothes when we noticed two of her toes were purple. Upon further inspection, we saw that a hair (yes, one of mine) got wrapped around the two toes. We tried getting it off, but managed to cut Isabelle in the process. I called the doctor's office and they had us come in to take a look. The on call doctor was very nice and told us Isabelle had what they call a hair tourniquet. When a piece of hair wraps around a finger or toe and starts to cut off circulation. The doctor said we had managed to get all the hair off, but Isabelle's toes were rather purple and one was a little swollen. He gave us some perscriptions for oral and topical antibiotics to make sure she doesn't get an infection. It was a rather scary episode and Isabelle is now okay.

1 comment:

Karli Del Biondo said...

How scary! I think I would have been quite upset about this! I'm so glad everything is okay! Poor little Isabelle! And what a big girl she is now! Karli