Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Monthly Doctor's Appointment - 15 weeks

Since Isabelle is on winter break from school, we decided this would be her one chance to hear the baby's heartbeat. After a long wait, we were brought to the exam room where Isabelle told nurse Chrissy she wanted a sister. While we were waiting a bit more in the room, Doctor Isabelle proceeded to check my knee reflexes with a cotton swab. She even told me to say 'ahhh'.

Once Dr. Ogryzlo came in, we discussed the results from the first screen. At this point we are not going to do the amniocentesis because of the risks involved. My belly measured about 16cm and the baby's heart rate was about 160. I am also happy to report I have not gained any weight (yet)! I actually lost a couple of pounds which is normal.
I will be going in for the anatomical survey around my 18th week. We hope to find out the gender of the baby at that time.

Doctor Isabelle seemed to like the visit, but I think she was more interested in the twirling on the stool. She did hear the baby's heartbeat. Dr. Ogryzlo gave Isabelle 2 stickers at the end of the visit.

No comments: