Whew! What a week it has been and it's only Wednesday! Damien and I have been taking care of our wonderful little nephew Solomon while Earle, Marla, and the girls have been in the hospital. It has been an interesting experience taking care of a 3 year old while pregnant. I now understand know how much energy I will need to take care of our first child while being pregnant with our second. Hopefully that will be a couple of years down the road!
Solomon has been doing great this week. He had pre-school on Monday where he got to announce he was a big brother. Tuesday he had a playdate at the Children's Museum with Lisa and her little girl Carly (sp?) . Today he had pre-school again. Tomorrow he has another playdate with a classmate Olivia. As Damien would put it, "Solomon is quite the stud having playdates with girls!"
Everyday this week after pre-school or playdate, I've taken him to the hospital to spend some time with Mom, Dad, and his new sisters. I think he is getting used to his sisters. He said today they were "his babies" and when asked, he said he "loved them". Such special moments. It looks like Solomon will go home on Friday to his new family. I hope the transition goes smoothly.
It's been great fun and challenge for Damien and I this week, but we have learned a lot about "parenting". We always love taking care of Solomon.
Wednesday, October 05, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment