Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 05, 2006

I'm home!


Today we were released from the hospital with Isabelle who has lost about 10 percent of her body weight (which is normal). She now weighs 8 pounds 11 ounces and we were instructed to supplement her feedings with breastmilk I have pumped. Hopefully she will gain some weight over the weekend and flush out the jaundice.

Isabelle enjoyed her first car ride outside the womb. When we arrived home, we entered the house through the front door and were surprised to find a large "It's a Girl!" sign on our door. We gave Isabelle a tour of her new home and tested out the changing table in her bedroom (twice!). Damien and I are happy to be home with our daughter and hope we can manage the evening on our own. Tomorrow Gramma Joyce arrives to take care of us while we take care of Isabelle.

No comments: