Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Read for the Record

Today Isabelle and I participated in Read for the Record a Jumpstart event. This nationwide event was to promote the importance of reading to young children. Not only was the event to help promote reading, it was also to set a new world record for the number of children reading the same book in a single day with an adult. The book we read was The Little Engine that Could and by participating we received a free copy of the book. Our local event took place at Jamison Square in the Pearl District in Portland. Since Damien and I read to Isabelle every night, I thought it would be fun for us to participate. Unfortunately, Isabelle slept through the whole event, but I read the book to her anyway. It was a fun outing and now we can both say we are "world record holders"!

No comments: