Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 19, 2006

When in Chicago......go see a Burliuk!

Today we received a call from Baba Nusha and Dido Ostap. They were in Chicago for the weekend. They went to the Chicago Cultural Center to see the Crossroads: Modernism in Ukraine, 1910-1930 collection of avant-garde artwork. I asked them to keep an eye out for artwork by David Burliuk who is related to the Ellis family by marriage. His son, Nicholas Burlik (also an artist) married my grandmother's sister. Damien's mom called from the art show and told us she was standing in front of one of David Burliuk's works! I thought it was wonderful that his work was being honored in such an exhibition.

The funny thing about the picture: Damien gave Isabelle the phone and the first button she pushed was the "talk" button! I guess she wanted to call her Baba and Dido back!

No comments: