Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 27, 2007

More standing and walking progress

Isabelle continues to amaze us with her new standing up and walking skills. Today I caught her standing up and taking a couple of steps several times. For example, I was folding laundry in our bedroom and glanced over to Isabelle's playroom and she was standing up holding onto her rainbow hedgehog and Lamb Chop. She just smiled and laughed at me. However, this evening she impressed us by walking about 5 to 6 feet in length. I pointed her towards Damien, but she completely ignored him and smoothly went from the carpet to the wood floor. She was smiling and laughing because she was so proud of herself. It was too cute!

Now, instead of hearing slap, slap, thud, thud (hands and knees on the wood floor), I hear slap, slap (her two little feet on the wood floor). I've intentionally let her cruise around in bare feet so she can really feel the floor. She does do well walking in her shoes and socks, but I think she does better without them. Tomorrow evening Dido Ostap arrives from Michigan and Baba Nusha will arrive on May 1st (Isabelle's birthday). They will be so impressed by her new skills. We can't wait to see them! :)

No comments: