Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Two arrivals and one big surprise!

I love surprises! Operation surprise Nanny Gwen (in town taking care of the Ellis kids) took place today. First a little background on the surprise. My uncle Dan emailed myself, Earle and Marla, and Dad and Cindy to see about surprising Gwen while she was out here taking care of Solomon, Sophie, and Sara. His plan was to fly out from Texas and surprise Gwen because he knew she would need a little break from taking care of the Ellis kids. Plus her birthday is coming up soon (the big one that ends in a 0). So out of the entire Ellis clan, I was the one who would be available to help Dan pull off the surprise. Lucky for Dan, I love surprising people! :)

Today was the day Dan arrived to surprise Gwen. Damien, Isabelle, and I made our first trip to the airport to pick him up. I had already conveniently arranged with Gwen that the three of us would be over in the afternoon for a pizza dinner. Then we would be off to the airport to pick up Damien's dad. This made sense to Gwen and thought nothing was afoot! After a detour to the Ukrainian church to pick up some pirogies, we made our way to the Ellis residence. We dropped Dan off down the street so Gwen wouldn't see him in the car. We arrived and Gwen was happy to see us. A short time after we entered the house, there was a knock at the door. I told Gwen it was the pizza delivery guy and to go open the door. She did, and low and behold it was Dan! She was blown away!

Still picture from video taken of Gwen being surprised by the "pizza delivery guy"!

The rest of the afternoon was full of kids playing, eating pirogies, and finally pizza as promised. After a group bath with Sara and Sophie, Isabelle got in her jammies and we were on our way to the airport again to pick up Damien's dad. He hadn't seen her since October. Baba Nusha will arrive in a couple of days. Dido Ostap was so happy to see his little girl!

Dido Ostap and Isabelle at the airport

No comments: