Today we were virtually snowed in. We had freezing rain last night on top of the 8 plus inches of snow we recieved yesterday. Ostap and Damien shoveled the driveway and sidewalks today. We didn't take Isabelle out because she got sick this morning. She threw up this morning (for the first time) but seemed fine all day.
In the late morning, Anna prepared cookie dough for refrigeration and dough for some Ukrainian tortes. I finally made my snowball cookies. We listened to Christmas music while we were baking.
While we were cleaning up from our baking extravaganza, Damien got concerned about the weather and our need to do some more grocery shopping. He took Anna and I to Costco and Fred Meyer to finish up our grocery shopping for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day meals (plus everything in between). We went to Costco first and it was surreal driving down I-5 with so much snow on the ground. We saw several tree limbs down on the ground due to the weight of the snow. When we left Costco, more icy snow was falling causing a very slow drive back up I-5.
We decided to stop at Fred Meyer since it was on the way home to finish up what we couldn't get at Costco. I am glad we now have everything we need for our holiday meals. I am happy to note our Toyota Highlander did really well in the snow without chains or studded tires. Kudos to our really good driver. :)
Sunday, December 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment