My mom and stepdad drove up from Corvallis for the Thanksgiving weekend. Since mom is still recouperating I was fully in charge of the Thanksgiving meal. YIKES! We kind of had a role reversal. I assigned mom with the easy jobs like setting the table and fixing the salad and I was responsible for the rest of the dinner. I made my grandmother's oyster stuffing, prepared and stuffed the turkey, and made pumpkin pie. We also had rolls, green beans, and mashed potatoes. It was fun for me to fix the dinner and mom was able to relax for most of the day.
Damien, Vern (my stepdad), and Strider (Vern's dog) were busy outside hanging the outside Christmas lights on the house since it was a beautiful day. By the time they were done, the dinner was ready. Everything turned out great (which I am thankful for).



No comments:
Post a Comment