
After months of discussion about getting me a new vehicle, this last Sunday Damien and I decided to go test drive a couple of SUV's. We had already narrowed our choices down to the Toyota Highlander and the Honda Pilot. It was a nice sunny day and I was finally ready to let go of my trusty 1995 VW Jetta with over 100k miles.
After the test drive and a nights sleep over the two cars, I awoke Monday morning knowing I really liked the Toyota Highlander. I woke Damien up and told him my decision. He was rather surprised at me because it usually takes me days or weeks to make up my mind about things. Since we decided to get the Costco Member price, I called the fleet manager and made an appointment that afternoon to complete the transaction. Luckily the car I drove was still on the lot.
Now I have a new "mommy mobile" and have been getting used to a bigger vehicle. The picture above is the Toyota Highlander in the color of the vehicle we purchased. The vehicle has all the bells and whistles except for a navigation system and an entertainment unit. I really like it and have already put 100 miles on it running errands all week.




1 comment:
Laurie - Both my kids now have new vehicles while we muddle along with 125K miles on the 11 yr old Taurus.
Sure wish that you had let us know that you were going to part with the Jetta - Cindy had a crush on that car and we might have been able to work a deal. Glad to hear that your baby training is going well. Love - Dad
Post a Comment