Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow...


With all the cold dry weather we have been having over the last week, we finally received some precipitation in the form of snow. Apparently it started snowing at around 5am. When I got up to get Isabelle around 7am there was already about an inch of snow on the ground.
Mom was supposed to have a follow up appointment today for her foot, but we all decided it would be best to stay home. ODOT (Oregon Department of Transportation) put out an alert stating all major freeways are requiring traction devices. So, mom rescheduled her appointment for Thursday. It's good they are staying because Corvallis received snow and freezing rain.

Damien and I took Isabelle outside to experience the snow. She doesn't have a snow suit or shoes, so I put several layers of clothes on for her five minutes in the snow. It is about 27 degrees, so I didn't want her outside for very long. Needless to say, our swim lessons for today were cancelled. Even if they weren't, I wasn't about to go driving in the snow with Isabelle in the car. There are too many idiots out there causing accidents! We are staying warm inside and playing.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Isabelle,
You seem to be enjoying your first encounter with SNOW. However, i notice in the photos that Daddy Damien has warm GLOVES on HIS hands while he places your BARE little fingers in the COLD, COLD snow. Not to worry my dear. Baba Nusha already has a warm 2-peice pink snowsuit purchased for next winter and will make sure you have matching MITTENS and SNOWBOOTS.

Anyway, I can't believe Damien got to stay home because the whole city shut down over a measely four inches. That's not enough to even get excited about...west coast wimps!