Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Childbirth Preparation Class

Tonight we went to our first childbirth preparation class. We have 4 class sessions lasting 3 hours each. There are about 9 couples in the class and most of us are due late April/ early May. The list of topics for the night were:

Nutrition/Healthy Pregnancy
Anatomy/Terms of Pregnancy (video and discussion)
Signs of Labor
When Should We Go to the Hospital?
Stage One of Labor (video and discussion)
Labor Support
Birth Video #1

Unfortunately, we only made it through to watching the video of Stage One of Labor topic. There are a couple of really anxious dads (not Damien) in the class who are nervous about knowing when to go to the hospital and asked a lot of questions. I am really happy Damien and I have done a bit of reading about pregnancy and labor prior to class. We already learned some new things tonight. Since I've seen a live birth at Good Samaritan Hospital, where we will deliver, I know a little bit more about what to expect. I think this class will prepare us as much as it can for when we go into labor. We will just have to remember everything we learned when the time comes! :)

No comments: