Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! This year we decided to stay home and have our first family Thanksgiving. I spent the day cooking in the kitchen while Damien and Isabelle played (between naps). I made pumpkin pie, oyster stuffing, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, green salad, gravy (made from turkey drippings), and a turkey. We also had croissants and cranberries from a can. This was the first year I made Thanksgiving dinner without the supervision of my mother or any other relative. I managed to create a very nice meal and didn't even have to call anyone for help. Below are pictures of Isabelle's first Thanksgiving. We hope you had a wonderful day too.


Isabelle all dressed for the Holidays


Watching the parade


"You will do as I say......now go....."


"Must...crawl...to...Fred...Meyer...to...buy...socks...at...50%...off!"


Pumpkin Pie


Our 12.75lb Diestel Roasted Turkey


Our Thanksgiving dinner table.
"Mom! Stop taking pictures and let's eat!"

P.S.- The guy on the television is our long time family friend Garland Lyons (one of my "other" brothers). This is the second Thanksgiving for his commercial. It's not Thanksgiving without Gar on the television. Hope to see him next year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations - it looks like a great dinner. Great dinner.
Cindy and I took Earle's que and went to a local sports bar (Big Al's) to see the last quarter of the Civil War game. What a finish!!!

We later say the movie "stranger than fiction" - great movie.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Next year we'll be at your house! Looked real good.
Mom