Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Morning at the Oregon Zoo

This morning Gramma Joyce, Grandpa Vern, Isabelle, and I met up with Aunt Heather, cousin Norah and Emerson at the Oregon Zoo. I was brave and decided to let Isabelle out of her stroller and let her walk down the path of the Bear Country section of the zoo. The path winds down a hill and Isabelle did really well and didn't fall or trip once.

Norah and Isabelle in the Eagle's nest.

We were able to see the bears (sleeping) and a bald eagle. We also saw an otter (sleeping), beavers (sleeping), fish, turtles, and other birds. We ended at the farm area where Isabelle pet a rabbit. We also had some close contact with some sheep. Isabelle and Norah enjoyed riding the wooden horses. With all the picture taking, Gramma Joyce forgot to pick up her purse and realized it was missing. Luckily, someone turned it in and nothing was missing.

Ride 'em Cowgirls!

After the zoo, Gramma Joyce treated Vern, Isabelle, and I to lunch at Claim Jumper which just opened up near our house. The wait staff was great and the food was good. Isabelle charmed everyone that passed by our table.

Isabelle and Emerson chilling out.

After lunch, Vern left to go back to Corvallis, Gramma went shopping and I went home to put Isabelle down for a nap. Unfortunately, Isabelle decided not to nap at all! As soon as Gramma came back, we all got in the car and went over to Segal's for Children. I had them turn Isabelle's car seat around to forward facing. Damien and I decided this after Isabelle rode forward facing in the Ellis mini van and cried the whole time. We thought it would be best for our upcoming trip to Michigan. Needless to say, it was a fun and eventful day!

No comments: