This morning I managed to find the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Sellwood. I found out they sell pyrohy every Saturday, so I decided to purchase some to serve with the borscht Damien's mom made for Christmas Eve dinner. I met a couple of nice women while I was at the church. One of the women I met lived in Warren where Damien grew up and it turns out Damien's folks know her parents. Small world. This afternoon, Damien, Isabelle, and I went to the airport to pick up Runcle Roo (Damien's brother Andrew). His plane arrived about an hour late. Roo was excited to get reaquainted with his little niece. After we came home and had some time to regroup, Roo and I went out grocery shopping and to the liquer store while Isabelle took her nap. After our two hour shopping excursion, I fixed us dinner while Roo and Isabelle played. It will be fun to have Runcle Roo here for Christmas.
Saturday, December 23, 2006
Runcle Roo Arrives!
This morning I managed to find the Ukrainian Orthodox Church in Sellwood. I found out they sell pyrohy every Saturday, so I decided to purchase some to serve with the borscht Damien's mom made for Christmas Eve dinner. I met a couple of nice women while I was at the church. One of the women I met lived in Warren where Damien grew up and it turns out Damien's folks know her parents. Small world. This afternoon, Damien, Isabelle, and I went to the airport to pick up Runcle Roo (Damien's brother Andrew). His plane arrived about an hour late. Roo was excited to get reaquainted with his little niece. After we came home and had some time to regroup, Roo and I went out grocery shopping and to the liquer store while Isabelle took her nap. After our two hour shopping excursion, I fixed us dinner while Roo and Isabelle played. It will be fun to have Runcle Roo here for Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment