Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Wind Storm 2.0

Today Isabelle and I had some errands to run. Unfortunately, we got caught in the wind and rain storm. We managed to go to Michaels, Kmart, and Staples. By the time we got to Staples I was drenched because of trying to get Isabelle in and out of the car. She wasn't so wet (thankfully). This evening I was supposed to car pool with my friend Kirsten for our monthly Bunco group. When I left our house the wind was blowing very hard. There was tree debris all over the place. I arrived at her house and noticed she was standing out in the rain and wind. I got out of my car and she told me her neighbor's house was destroyed by a HUGE (approx 150 ft.) fir tree. Needless to say, she was a little shaken up. We managed to make it to our bunco group which was held all the way in north Portland. Traffic was a nightmare! Luckily we were able to play three rounds, did our gift exchage, and Bunco prizes. (Kirsten won third place. I'm glad because she needed a little cheering up.) Traffic on the way home was smooth sailing. Fortunately, we were lucky and didn't lose any power.

No comments: